Book a Wedding Officiant in All Five Boroughs

Our Officiants Travel to Any Available City Location In New York

For Cities Available Click Here

Off-Site Wedding Officiant Services

Say “I Do” from Any Available City in Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island & The Bronx, New York.

Follow Us

Marriage License Q&A

A notary public can assist you with important wedding documentation and if licensed to do so, can also officiate your wedding. Talk to your notary about all of the wedding services you require before your signing. For more questions on wedding notaries or marriage license signings Contact BKNYC Mobile Notary Today

When getting married, you and your partner are required to present proper documentation when applying for a marriage license. Below is a list of documents that may be required. Birth Certificate Passport A Driver’s license A government identification card with a photograph Immigration record or A naturalization records For a complete list of documentation specific to your situation, call BKNYC Mobile Notary at (917) 792-9339.

A person’s last name, also known as a surname, does not automatically change upon marriage. You may elect to change your surname by entering your new name in the appropriate space provided, on the marriage license at the time of signing. Whether or not you decide to use this option at the time of your marriage license application, you can still adopt a different surname at a future date. However, you will not be able to change your marriage license application to include a surname adopted at a later date.

You have 60 calendar days, after your license is issued to use it. So, planning ahead is key to making sure your wedding goes off without a hitch. If you or your future spouse are active U.S. military, this time may be extended by providing proof before your signing. If this is the case, notify your notary before your schedule appointment and he or she will inform you of the necessary steps to take.

A New York State marriage license may only be used within New York State. Meaning, that you must have your wedding ceremony in NY if you plan to file your license here. So, if you’re planning on a vacation wedding or eloping in NY while your here, you may want to look into a longer stay.

Yes, in NY you have to wait 24-hours after you get your marriage license in order to have your ceremony. So, if you wait until the last day to get this done you may not be able to get married on D-Day.